My name is Ingri DeGroote I came to BOLD Training in April 2012.  When I met Karen King I was 185 pounds and 46% body fat on my 5' 3" body.  Karen made me feel comfortable and gave the power back to me to begin my own journey.  She told me that 75% of this was me and what I did outside of the gym as she is not there 24 hrs a day to know what I did and how I ate. The remaining 25% is all the information she will give me including personalized workouts, once a week body compositions, meal planning and lots of guidance along the way! This meant it was up to me and she would be there to show me the way. I have tried so many ways to lose weight and have been unsuccessful. It's difficult to put your complete trust in someone to try yet again, but I felt something different and exciting here at BOLD. So, I put on my workout clothes and tied my shoes for my first workout....

 

My first workout at BOLD was tough, I was dizzy and felt sick.  Karen reminded me it would only get better.  Each day I came back feeling stronger then the day before.  Running further, going heavier on weights, losing pounds, losing body fat and gaining muscle is now my goal.  Every week showed my progress and we both got excited.  I have not only met my goal of getting into my wedding dress and into a size 8 but, I now wear a size 5, ran several 5k's and I am now taking my body to the next level. I am not at my goal weight yet and plan to continue my journey!

 

Karen believed in me from the moment I stepped into her office and without her support I do not think I could have taken it this far.  She wants for me what I dream of and she will be there every step of the way.  She is my trainer, my counselor, my cheerleader, and my friend.  I wake up each day excited to look in the mirror and to meet up with Karen so she can give me a workout to better my life!  

My name is Marcia Budisilic, and I am 75 years young! I remember meeting Karen like it was yesterday, however that was 9 years ago. I accompanied my son and daughter-in-law along on some errands and they wanted to stop by a local gym and take a tour. Karen showed us around and talked a lot about the importance of weight training and how it prevents osteoporosis and many other health benefits. I had always walked 3 to 5 miles a day, however never lifted a weight before in my life. I was born and raised on a farm and did all of the outdoor farm duties and thought I was in pretty good shape. However, I decided to go ahead and try 6 personal training sessions with Karen. On the first day she showed by how to use the elliptical machine to warm up......I could only go for 3 minutes! I was shocked.....It was nothing like walking. After the warm up Karen showed me how to stretch so I could prevent injuries; I coudn't even come close to touching my toes. Then came the actual weight training.....Karen let me sit on a weight bench and gave me 3 lb weights, she wanted me to lift them over my head and back to my shoulders 12 times. To this day we both giggle over the fact that I could only lift those 3 pound dumbells 4 times before I had to rest! Today, I am lifting 15 pound dumbells 12 times over my head with no rest. I bench press, do walking lunges with weights, jumps onto step benches, jump rope and so much more. Karen has encouraged me to begin running and I have even ran a few 5K's and did my first 10k at 71 years old!! Karen is always training me on new things and keeps the work outs fun and motivating.

I simply cannot image where I would be now if I had never walked into that gym that day. If I go 2 to 3 days without a work out I feel stiff and very tight. I know now that walking is just not enough, I need to weight train, and I will continue for the rest of my life. Hopefully Karen will put up with me for another 30 years!!

 

ADDRESS:

   1908 NW 1st Way

   Suite 101

   Battle Ground, Wa 98604

 

PHONE: (360) 687-2230

 

 HOURS:

   MONDAY - FRIDAY:  6am - 7pm

   SATURDAY: Appointment Only

   SUNDAY:  Closed

 

Join our Newsletter for the latest news and updates!

Print Print | Sitemap
© BOLD Training